Welcome to distance education at Cuesta College! My name is Marilyne Cleeves, and I will be your instructor in the upcoming online version of Outlook 2016 (CIS 154). This letter is to inform you of some important details prior to the commencement of the this online class. Please read this page carefully!!
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND REQUISITES
Introduces the functions of an integrated, electronic desktop information management (DIM) system. MS Outlook assists in scheduling, organizing, tracking, e-mail messaging, note taking, calendaring, contacting information, and can be used as a data source in collaboration
with MS Word, Excel, and Access. Advisory: CIS 210.
(Formerly CAOA 154)
TOPICS AND SCOPE
- Introducing the electronic management program with an overview of what can be done with the various components. Recognize knowledge of technical vocabulary relevant to subject matter of the course.
Adding contact information, organizing the contacts list and viewing its information in various ways. Arrange and set up contacts.
Using the e-mail component of the electronic management program to send, read and respond to e-mail messages, as well as, organize messages for maximum efficiency. Compose with e-mail.
Using the calendar component to schedule appointments, set up a recurring appointment, allocate time for longer events, plan meetings and send out meeting requests. Formulate a schedule for new and recurring appointments.
Keeping track of tasks and projects in an electronic to-do list by managing and prioritizing tasks. Set up items for logging and using journal tracking.
Finding information on the World Wide Web, exploring electronic newsgroups, discussing online etiquette; also, chatting, collaborating and video conferencing using NetMeeting. Apply electronic integrated personal management program using the Internet.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Recognize knowledge of technical vocabulary relevant to subject matter of the course.
- Arrange and set up contacts.
- Compose with e-mail.
- Formulate a schedule for new and recurring appointments.
- Set up items for logging and using journal tracking.
- Apply electronic integrated personal management program using the Internet.
Microsoft Office 2016 in Practice;
ISBN: 978-1-259-76274-1 or 1-259-76274-2
Microsoft Outlook 2016, Author Michael-Brian Ogawa and Randy Nordell
A digital copy of the text is also available for 60, 90 or 180 days.
These are the ISBN numbers for the digital editions:
9781259762765 or 1259762769
Software –This course requires Office 2016 Professional. DO NOT PURCHASE THE STUDENT EDITION OF OFFICE 2016 it does not contain MS Outlook. As a Cuesta student, you can obtain a free 1-year subscription to Office 365/Office 2016 program for 1 year.
Click on the link, choose Cuesta College and you will see the special pricing for Cuesta Students.
After you have registered for the class you will find you are now registered for Canvas. You will need to follow these steps:
- From the Cuesta Website, Click on the Canvas Link
- You will be asked for a username and password. That information is the same as you myCuesta username.
- You will see all of the classes you are currently enrolled in listed in this area. If you have an additional questions. I suggest watching the following video (https://guides.instructure.com/m/4210/l/141852-canvas-overview-video)
Each student is required to follow all school guidelines and comply with all school deadlines including personal responsibility for adding and/or dropping this class. Each student is responsible for obtaining updates or changes to the syllabus and/or assignments for the course.
If you have any further questions prior to the first day of class, please feel free to e-mail me. Otherwise, I will look forward to meeting you on
our scheduled meeting date.